We know that coming out of lockdown and organising your vaccine appointment can be a cause for anxiety for many.That's why we teamed up with Warrington Speak Up to talk to their service users about how they feel.
Some people are more likely to get poorly from coronavirus than other people. If you are one of them you will be offered the vaccine. People who have learning disabilities can have the vaccine. Health and social care workers and unpaid (your family that looks after you) can also get the vaccine.
Below are easy read leaflets and a video which will give you lots more information about the vaccine. Please don’t be worried about getting the vaccine, it is really safe and there will be lots of support at the vaccine centres.
- Covid Vaccine film produced by Skills for People and Learning Disability England – embedded
- PHE easy read Covid vaccination leaflet
- PHE easy read What to expect after the vaccine leaflet
- PHE easy read adult consent form
- Additional training materials for COVID 19 vaccinators and volunteers provide top tips on communicating with people with a learning disability and autistic people and reasonable adjustments that should be considered
- Easy read Covid-19 video produced by NHS