Warrington CCG is committed to working in partnership with local people to develop health services that meet the needs of our town and in putting the needs of the patients and the public that we serve at the heart of all we do.
The Communications and Engagement Team is here to ensure that the CCG listens to the voice of the local people and patients and the public are fully involved in decision making and have the opportunity to share experiences of accessing NHS services locally.
CCGs have a statutory duty to involve the public in commissioning (section 14Z2). In addition to meeting statutory responsibilities, effective patient and public participation helps CCGs to commission services that meet the needs of local communities and tackle health inequalities.
NHS England has a legal duty (section 14Z16) to assess how well each CCG has discharged its public involvement duty (section 14Z2), as well as a commitment to supporting continuous improvement in public participation.
A robust, and improvement focused, process of national assessment has been now been carried out for 2019/20 to reach final RAGG* ratings and scores for individual CCGs. We are pleased to say that NHS Warrington CCG were awarded Green Star rating. More information is below:
Patient experience is very important to us because we want them to be at the heart of the way we commission services.
To capture your experiences, we use:
- PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) and Complaints information
- Friends and Family Test
- NHS website
- Social media
- Health events
- Focus groups
- Healthwatch information and reports
We are always interested to hear your views. Your feedback can help us to improve and shape the healthcare services that you receive.
There are many ways in which you can let us know your views, get involved in our work and hear about what's happening:
- Provide feedback to our Communications and Engagement Team: Call 01925 303030, write to NHS Warrington Clinical Commissioning Group, No 1 Lakeside, 920 Centre Park, Warrington WA1 1QY or email
- Come to one of our Governing Body meetings
- Taking part in consultation and engagement surveys
- Come along to one of our quarterly Get Engaged Events. Engaging with our patients is at the heart of what we do. Local people who use the services we commission have an important role in our work and we need to ensure that there is patient and public involvement in discussions on our priorities. The events are to raise awareness of our services and enable local people to learn more about who we are and what we do in our town.
- Join your GP practice's Patient Participation Group: Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) are your voice in your GP practice. PPGs are made up of volunteers and staff from the practice, usually the Practice Manager and one or more GPs. Find out more about Patient Participation Groups.
- Join our mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter, invites to meetings, the opportunity to be involved in focus groups and wider health information.
NHS Warrington CCG Equality and Inclusion Annual Report 2019-2020